If you have ever wanted to make a zippered Sewing Case then here is a great FREE pattern to do just that. With a zipper included there is now no possibility that the Sewing Case will tip up in your bag and everything will fall out! So make this awesome zippered Sewing Case for storing and organising or travelling with all your sewing supplies. The case could also be used for toiletries etc.
You can find detailed instructions on how to make the Case by following the link below to the thetartankiwi website.
Suggested materials for the outside of the case:
- Two strips of quilting weight fabric measuring 3″ by 12″,
- Two strips of strip Essex Linen measuring 1.5″ by 12″,
- One piece of quilting weight fabric measuring 7.5″ by 12″,
- Fusible fleece cut using template A,
- Heavyweight iron-on interfacing cut 1/4″ smaller than template A on all sides.
For the inner, you will need:-
- Lining fabric cut using template A,
- Iron-on interfacing cut using template A,
- One piece of contrasting fabric cut using template B,
- One piece of contrasting fabric measuring 4.5″ by 6.5″,
- One piece of contrasting fabric measuring 7.5″ by 6.5″.
You will also need:-
- One zipper,
- Two pieces quilting cotton fabric measuring 2.5″ by 3″,
- Two short pieces of binding,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.