All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Zip It Janice Zippered ID Case FREE sewing pattern from the designer Sincerely Jen Pattern Company.
The Zippered ID Case is the perfect bag for when you just want to grab your keys, a little cash or a card, and go! It’s a very scrap-friendly pattern with only small pieces of fabric needed.
This case has some excellent features as follows:
- A clear vinyl ID slot,
- A slip pocket with optional snap closure,
- A zippered main compartment for your cash, cards, and change,
- A key ring to attach to your keys for grab-and-go ease.
The designer rates her pattern as suitable for advanced beginner sewists. This is due to a zipper being used. So if you can sew a zipper then this pattern is for you! If you can’t then check out this FREE CLASS on Craftsy all about how to sew zippers of every kind!
What’s needed to make a Zippered ID Case:
- ¼ yard of quilting cotton for the exterior fabric,
- ¼ yard of quilting cotton for the lining fabric,
- ¼ yard of quilting cotton contrast for the slip pocket,
- ¼ yard of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shape-Flex SF-101 – 20” wide),
- One 3.75” by 2.5” rectangle of clear vinyl for ID Pocket Window (8-12 oz. recommended, the designer used 10 oz),
- One 6” (or longer) all-purpose zipper (#3),
- One snap (the designer used a size 20 Kam Snap),
- One keyring,
- Washi tape (to hold the vinyl in place while sewing),
- Teflon foot for the sewing machine,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Check out our RESOURCES PAGE full of great recommendations and links for fabric stores and suppliers, interfacing and stabilizers, hardware resources, and zippers.
The download will include three files; the PDF pattern, as well as two zipped files for the included embroidery patterns.
The pattern includes a link to a sew-along video which can be found on page 7 of the pattern.
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.