All posts may contain affiliate links.
Wow, what a wallet! This pattern is a best-seller for designer Hold it Right There Bags, and with all these fun features, you might want to add this pattern to your must-sew list, for the Winslet Wallet. It’s a pdf sewing pattern for a Tri-Fold Wallet that has sixteen card slots and a zippered flap.
This wallet is a quick and easy-to-sew project that will give you a wallet where you’ll find exactly what you need exactly when you want it. The asymmetrical zippered flap opens wide, making coins easy to find. And the 16 card slots and two slip pockets keep your credit cards, cash, chequebook, and coupons organized. You can also keep a pen handy in the elastic loop. The compact tri-fold design shuts securely with a magnetic snap.
Once finished the wallet measures approximately 5″ high, when closed, and 14” high when opened, and is 7 ½” wide.
What you will need to make the Winslet Wallet:-
- Two pieces of ½ yard 44” quilting cotton for the all the flaps, pockets, panels and lining,
- ½ yard of 20” wide Medium Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101),
- 1/3 yard of 45” wide Fusible Fleece (Pellon 987F),
- ½ yard of 20” wide Medium-Firm Non-Woven Interfacing (like Decor Bond),
- Optional – 8” by 8” piece of Ultra Firm Stabilizer (Pellon Peltex),
- One 8” or longer zipper,
- One Magnetic Snap – see our resources page for our recommended hardware suppliers,
- A 2” length of Elastic (3/4” to 1” wide),
- An erasable fabric marker – we love the frixion pens,
- Dritz Fray Check, liquid fabric sealant,
- Walking Foot attachment (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Get the pattern here
This isn't quite what you are looking for? We have links to thousands of bag sewing patterns, tutorials, sewing videos and tips and lots more on our Pinterest account. Come and follow us, and save some of your favorites to your own boards for later.