Sew Modern Bags brings you another FREE sewing pattern, this time it’s a Perfect Damask Duffle Bag from one of our favourite bag designers.
The Perfect Damask Duffle Bag has the following features:
- It’s spacious and roomy
- The carrying handles are sized to work both over the shoulder or handheld
- The plastic sports zipper wraps down each side so you can open the duffle wide for packing and unpacking
- Ripstop nylon is used for the lining so the interior is water resistant and easy to wipe clean
- This bag has interior seams, which makes the construction much simpler
- The finished bag is approximately 20″ wide by 11″ high by 7″ deep
- The handles have a 12″ drop and the wrap-around zipper opens a full 27″.
What you will need to make the Perfect Damask Duffle Bag
- 1½ yards of 54″+ wide home décor weight fabric in a bold print for the main exterior
- ½ yard of 44″+ wide canvas weight fabric in a coordinating solid for the exterior accents
- 1 yard of 54″+ nylon ripstop or similar for the lining
- 1¾ yards of 1½” wide cotton webbing
- One 28″ sport or parka zipper in a coordinating color
- One package of standard piping in an accent color
- 1 yard of 45″+ mid-weight fusible interfacing
- 1 yard of 45″ wide fusible fleece
- ¼ yard of 20″+ fusible foam for the base panel
- All-purpose thread to match fabric
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern