All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a really fantastic Crossbody Bag called The Turnaround Bag, which is a very unique bag as you can ‘wear it in different ways on different days’. The Turnaround Bag has two fronts, so you can wear it one way or the other, meaning you have two great looks for the price of one.
The Turnaround Crossbody Bag has the following features:-
- Stylishly spacious with built-in wallet and pockets galore!
- One side has a feature twist-lock fastening flap pocket and the other side a secure zip wallet section for phones and money with handy credit card slots,
- A secure recessed zip at the top,
- Inside you will find two large gadget pockets for phones/specs/cameras etc,
- A feature faced pocket to keep e-readers, earbuds, lipstick, etc in their place and looking glamorous,
- The main compartment is very roomy and easily holds an iPad, your wallet, and all your daily essentials,
- A generous removable shoulder strap means you can wear as a cross-body or over your shoulder,
- Fully lined throughout, the bag has a flat base and the suggested interlinings mean the bag stands on its own and holds its shape beautifully.
The Turnaround Bag is suitable for an intermediate sewer and is approximately 11 inches by 11.5 inches when finished. There are lots of different pockets you can sew for this one, so the pattern is an excellent sewing tutorial too and can introduce you to some new ideas which you can use in other bags and sewing projects.
It is suitable for most light to medium weight fabrics including quilting weight cottons, cork, vinyl, tweeds, denim, and furnishing weight cottons. You can combine different fabrics or prints to create your own style.
What you will need to make the Turnaround Cross Body Bag:-
- ¾ yard of outer fabric – pick some pretty quilting cotton,
- ½ yard of vinyl or a contrast fabric,
- 1 yard of lining fabric,
- 1 yard of medium fusible interfacing,
- ½ yard of fusible foam,
- 5″ by 8″ of firm stabilizer,
- Two 12″ zippers or longer,
- Two D rings – see our resources page for our recommended hardware suppliers,
- Two swivel hooks,
- One slider bar/ adjuster buckle,
- One twist lock,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here
More crossbody bag sewing patterns ->
Want to find more crossbody bags? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite crossbody bag patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.