Valley Tote Purse sewing pattern
September 20, 2020 | All bag patterns, Purses, Tote bags | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s another simple purse you can sew with a designer look we think you’ll love to recreate for yourself.
The Valley Tote comes in two sizes and is the perfect everyday Tote Bag to sling over your shoulder.
Features include two zippered pockets, a divided slip pocket, and a slick, stylish exterior. Instructions are included to make it both with all fabric or vinyl/leather options.
SMALL = 14″ wide top, 9.25″ wide bottom by 9″ tall by 4.5″ deep.
LARGE = 15.5″ wide top, 10.75″ wide bottom by 10″ tall by 4.5″ deep.
Easy/ Beginner with a couple bag projects under their belt.
- 1.25-yard of exterior fabric → quilting cotton (For a pair of fabrics, use ½ yard for centers, and ¾ yard for fabric on sides and straps),
- 3/4 yard of lining fabric → quilting cotton (42” wide),
- 2.75 yards of Pellon ShapeFlex SF101,
- ½ yard of Fusible Fleece,
- 1/3 yard of Pellon Peltex 71F heavy stabilizer,
- Four Rectangular/ Square rings, 1” width,
- One Purse Zipper, 20” or longer,
- One standard nylon coil zipper 7”,
- Once standard nylon coil zipper 5/6”,
- Fabri-Tak (fabric glue fast-drying) or Wash-Away Wonder Tape,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.