All posts may contain affiliate links.
Whether you make the ZIP-tastic’s to hold your notepads and crayons or you add a strap for an adorable crossbody (an iPhone fits in the front pocket), they will be your new favorite go-to pattern.
These are fast and fun to make!!
Best of all, you don’t need any special hardware and they are Fat Quarter friendly!! Time to use them up!!
The pattern includes two sizes (small and large). The small will hold an eBook reader or iPad mini. The large will hold an iPad and the cables in the front pocket or an A5 notebook. These are also great for bullet journals, art supplies, make-up, anything you can stuff in them!
The designer has also included instructions for turning the small pouch into a small crossbody bag. Perfect for a night out. Your family and friends will love getting them as gifts.
These Pouches can be made in faux leather, cotton, or decorator fabrics.
To be able to make one of these Zip-tastic Pouches you will need to be a confident beginner sewer.
And when you have finished making one they will measure approximately:-
- Small – 6 1/2″ high by 8 1/2″ wide.
- Large – 8″ high by 11″ wide.
What you will need to make a Zip-tastic Pouch:-
- One FQ (Fat Quarter) – Exterior Fabric (Large – 11⁄2 FQ’s),
- One FQ (Fat Quarter) – Lining Fabric,
- 1/3 yard Woven Interfacing (SF101),
- Fusible Fleece ( #987F or H630) – 10″ by 14″ for the small size. 12″ by 20″ for the large size. If you use Faux Leather or Cork no fusible fleece is required,
- #5 zipper – 8 1/2″ & 12″ for Small Pouch and 10! & 15″ for Large Pouch. Note, Metal Zippers are NOT recommended,
- To make the Crossbody version you will also need two 3/4″ D-Rings and one Purse Chain.
This is a PDF pattern: twenty-three pages of step-by-step instructions with color photos and fourteen pages of full-size pattern pieces for both sizes. Cutting from measurements (when possible) is also included.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See more patterns from this designer here