Freya Strappy Tote Bag sewing pattern (2 sizes)
Make your own everyday, classic tote bags in two sizes or shapes with this stylish sewing pattern and tutorial.
The special features of the Freya Strappy Tote Bag are as follows:-
- Two sizes – Wide and Tall,
- Two exterior slip pockets,
- Interior flush zipper pocket,
- Interior slip pocket,
- Magnetic snap closure,
- Two-toned faux leather and fabric straps,
- Bonus! Simple fabric strap tutorial,
- Create contrast with two different fabrics,
- Fully lined with no raw edges or bias binding,
- Flat bottomed bag.
Sizing information (height by width by depth):–
• Wide = 10.5″ (27 cm) by 13″ (33 cm) by 4″ (10 cm).
• Tall = 14″ (35 cm) by 11″ (28 cm) by 4″ (10 cm).
The designer says her project is perfect for confident beginner-intermediate sewers. All of her tutorials are written in great detail to help beginner sewers. Basic sewing techniques and sewing machine knowledge would be helpful but she will help you along the way with clear instructions and photographs.
A sewing machine, a standard sewing machine foot (also known as a zigzag foot) 90/14 (jeans/denim) or 110/18 (leather) needle for your sewing machine, coordinating thread, iron, sharp fabric scissors, rotary cutter, and cutting mat (optional but recommended), pins or sewing clips, a ruler, seam ripper, chalk or a vanishing ink marker pen and double-sided tape 12mm/0.5” wide.
If you are using really heavy/thick fabrics such as cork or faux leather you may require a Teflon foot and/or a walking foot.
• Twenty-three page, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions with clear photographs for every step to guide you along the way.
• Full-size, computer-drawn patterns/templates with seam allowances included.
• Includes both US letter size and A4 paper size.
• Dimensions in both Imperial and Metric.
• A detailed breakdown of the materials you need to create this project.
• Instructions are written in English.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See more patterns from this designer here