Make your own everyday, classic tote bags in two sizes or shapes with this stylish sewing pattern and tutorial.
• 2 sizes – Wide and Tall,
• 2 exterior slip pockets,
• Interior flush zipper pocket,
• Interior slip pocket,
• Magnetic snap closure,
• 2 toned faux leather and fabric straps,
• Bonus! Simple fabric strap tutorial,
• Create contrast with 2 different fabrics,
• Fully lined with no raw edges or bias binding,
• Flat bottomed bag.
Sizing info (Height by Width by Depth):
• Wide = 10.5″ (27 cm) by 13″ (33 cm) by 4″ (10 cm).
• Tall = 14″ (35 cm) by 11″ (28 cm) by 4″ (10 cm).
Confident beginner – Intermediate.
All of my tutorials are written in great detail to help beginner sewers. Basic sewing techniques and sewing machine knowledge would be helpful but I will help you along the way with clear instructions and photographs.
A sewing machine, a standard sewing machine foot (also known as a zigzag foot) 90/14 (jeans/denim) or 110/18 (leather) needle for your sewing machine, coordinating thread, iron, sharp fabric scissors, rotary cutter, and cutting mat (optional but recommended), pins or sewing clips, a ruler, seam ripper, chalk or a vanishing ink marker pen and double-sided tape 12mm/0.5” wide.
If you are using really heavy/thick fabrics such as cork or faux leather you may require a Teflon foot and/or a walking foot.
• 23-page, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions with clear photographs for every step to guide you along the way.
• Full-size, computer-drawn patterns/templates with seam allowances included.
• Includes both US letter size and A4 paper size.
• Dimensions in both Imperial and Metric.
• A detailed breakdown of the materials you need to create this project.
• Instructions are written in English.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.