“Totes” Canvas Tote Bag FREE sewing pattern and tutorial
October 5, 2018 | All bag patterns, Free bag sewing patterns, Tote bags | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
Tote bags are so useful, you can never have too many totes, can you? You can have a different tote bag for many different occasions and of course for many different outfits.
This FREE pattern & tutorial takes a ready-made canvas tote and dresses it up with colorful fabrics. A lining is also added to the inside and the straps, just for a little more color.
The Tote Bag is based on the following approximate measurements: 17 1/2″ by 17 1/2″ with 30″ by 1″ straps.
What you will need to make the Totes Canvas Tote Bag:-
- Canvas Tote Bag (purchased, or you can make your own – check out all of our tote bag patterns here),
- Fabric for letters – pick some cute scraps of quilting cotton,
- Fusible webbing – we love Wonder Under,
- Fabric for lining of straps and tote (amount will depend on your tote size),
- Pattern for letters (may need adjusting, depending on tote size),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern & tutorial
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.