All posts may contain affiliate links.
We really like this Tote bag that the designer named “The Weekend Bag”.
It’s a great bag that has lots of details that can be coordinated with each other. The band across the wrap pocket, the phone pocket, the lining, the straps and the zip-casing can all contrast or co-ordinate. With the six separate areas of fabric on the bag, you’ll have lots of scope and fun to design a Weekend Bag that is perfect for you. It’s also a chance to use up some of your favorite scrap fabrics.
This spacious tote bag with two over-shoulder handles has the following features:
- The exterior has a diagonal front pocket that wraps around the back
- And a smaller phone pocket peeping out from behind it
- There are two pockets and a D-ring key fob on the inside
- The interior is fully lined
- The bag closes securely with a zippered, recessed panel.
When finished The Weekend Bag measures approximately 35cm (13.8″) by 30cm (12.0″) with a deep 9cm (3.5″) base.
The designer picks out felt as a great fabric to use for making her Weekend Bag because it is thick, durable and water-resistant (perfect if you get caught out in the rain). You can make this one out of any fabrics you like and it will still look great! Mix and match solids or solids with prints and just go wild!
Get the Weekend Bag pattern here