Cute Applique Clutch Purse – The Lotus Purse – FREE sewing pattern
The Lotus Purse is a cute purse, that is like a smaller zipper clutch bag, and therefore big enough to hold both your wallet and phone. With four beautiful appliqued lotus leaves on the side and a colorful braided handle, this purse really stands out amongst the crowd. Ideal for a daily carry along in your main purse for some cosmetics, your pens and note book, anything to keep separate. Or grab and go with just your essentials for a quick dash to the shops or to pick up the kids from school.
The Lotus Purse measures approx 9½” high by 7¾” wide and is a sewing project that can be completed by a beginner sewer. The applique design is of course entirely optional.
Supplies you will need to make the Lotus Purse:-
- 1/4 yard or fat quarter of quilting cotton (exterior),
- 1/4 yard or fat quarter of quilting cotton (interior),
- One long scrap fabric approx. 1″ x 22″ (braided handle),
- Five colorful 5″ charms or fabric scraps (lotus applique),
- One 10″ zipper,
- Lite Steam-A-Seam or Wonder Tape,
- Pellon Fusible Fleece,
- Coordinating thread,
- Zipper foot,
- One ½” swivel snap hook for strap (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
You can download this FREE pattern courtesy of Connecting Threads.
Click here for your FREE pattern
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.