The Statement Clutch sewing pattern (3 sizes)
This is the Statement Clutch by the designer Andrie Designs (formerly two pretty poppets).
This darling, oversized clutch pattern is the perfect way to showcase a beautiful piece of lace or a unique fabric, with the flap and turn-lock being the centerpiece for all to admire.
The Statement Clutch comes in three sizes (small, medium, and large), enabling you to make a clutch to suit any and every occasion. It has a simple turn-lock closure to keep your belongings safely tucked away inside, and a nicely sized slip pocket inside for your smartphone or keys.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has nine pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn.
The designer says if you are wary of turn locks, then you don’t need to be. Throughout the pattern, the designer gives you detailed and comprehensive instructions and photos to make installing the turn-lock an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of The Statement Clutch are as follows:-
- Small = 11″ (28cm) wide, with a 10″ (25cm) width at opening, 6 1/2″ (16cm) high, with a 5 1/2″ (14cm) length of wrist strap.
- Medium = 12″ (30cm) wide, with a 11″ (28cm) width at opening, 7 1/4″ (18cm) high, with a 5 1/2″ (14cm) length of wrist strap.
- Large = 13″ (33cm) wide, with a 12″ (30cm) width at opening, 8″ (20cm) high, with a 5 1/2″ (14cm) length of wrist strap.
What is needed to make a Statement Clutch:-
- Fabric for the outer of your clutch – ¼ yard (0.25m),
- Fabric for the lining – ¼ yard (0.25m),
- Piece of lace or similar for the flap overlay – 14” by 9” (36cm by 23cm),
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 5/8 yard (0.6m) (based on a 20” (50cm) width),
- Medium-heavy weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon 808, Formfuse 1600) – ½ yard (0.5m) (based on a 40” (101cm) width),
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable OR Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – ½ yard (0.5m),
- Firm fusible stabilizer for turn-lock tab (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 3” by 5” (8cm by 13cm),
- Turn Lock x1 (larger size is best),
- D-Ring x1 for optional wrist strap – ¾” (19mm) size,
- Swivel hook x1 for optional wrist strap – 5/8” (16mm size),
- Fabric tape or glue,
- Coordinating thread, scissors, and general sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to add the pattern to your collection you can click on the blue button below.