The Slim Sling Purse sewing pattern and video
If you would like to make yourself a fabulous minimalist cellphone purse then here’s the Slim Sling Purse sewing pattern.
This pattern is designed to be used with any self-healing textile such as cork, leather, vinyl, etc as the edges are left raw (with the option of using edge paint to finish off the edges.) The designer, Linds Handmade, says you should NOT try making this pattern with cotton fabric!
This is an intermediate pattern, in that it requires accurate cutting and sewing since the edges are left raw and accuracy will make all the difference in the overall end look. This project is not recommended for someone brand new to sewing. You should be comfortable using a quilting ruler and rotary cutter or sharp knife (ie box cutter or Exacto knife) for cutting straight lines.
When you have finished making yourself a Slim Sling Purse it will measure approximately 5” wide by 8” tall. There are two style options, as follows:-
- Option A offers a zippered back pocket.
- Option B offers a clear vinyl window on the back, to see and use your cellphone without taking it out.
Both options have three recessed card slots, hidden and secured under the front flap.
What you will need to make a Slim Sling Purse:-
- 3 square feet of leather (plus length for body strap) or ¼ yard of cork/vinyl (more if the print is directional),
- ¼” yard of accent fabric (for option A and if doing a 2 tone strap),
- One ⅝” strap adjuster (or ½” will work),
- Two ⅝” swivel clasps (or ½” will work),
- Two side anchors (or ½” D rings, the smaller the better),
- Two small double cap rivets (optional),
- 21” of 2 ½” wide ribbon (or very lightweight fabric),
- One 5” zipper for option A (cut 6” if using zipper by the yard),
- One Small purse lock (or spring snaps with setting tool),
- 14 or 16 gauge clear vinyl 5 ¼” by 8” for option B,
- Fray check or lighter,
- Marking pen – we love frixion pens,
- Wonder clips,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
With this purchase, you will receive a PDF pattern with full pattern pieces, detailed pictures, and step by step instructions on how to make your own minimalist cellphone purse.
The designer has included dozens of pictures to accompany each step, as well as cutting measurements if you prefer not to print out any of the pattern pieces.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.