All posts may contain affiliate links.
This most skilful designer has designed a one-off and very interesting pattern for her super fun convertible Brooklyn TotePack.
The Brooklyn Totepack has been designed to act as a Tote Bag that you can also convert to wear on your back as a Backpack.
The Brooklyn Totepack will have the following special features:-
- Two exterior slip pockets,
- One exterior zipper pocket,
- One interior zipper pocket,
- One interior slip pocket,
- A main zipper closure,
- Removable, adjustable straps.
The designer has said that her pattern is ideal for an intermediate sewer.
When you have made yourself a Brooklyn Totepack it will measure approximately 13 ½” tall by 10” wide at the bottom by 5” deep.
About the pattern:
Love it or hate it, this is a measure and cut pattern meaning all pattern pieces are cut using cutting mat, rotary cutter and ruler. No printed templates or pattern pieces are needed to make this bag. Saves ink and time, and is ideal for those who want to sew but don’t have a printer at home.
What you will need to make the Brooklyn Totepack:-
- ½ a yard of fabric for the exterior,
- ¾ of a yard of fabric for the contrasting fabric and handles,
- 1-yard of quilting cotton for the lining,
- 2¾ yards of SF101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice),
- ½ a yard of interlining fabric (solid colored denim, duck canvas, or foam interfacing),
- Two ¾” wide by 13” long leather handles,
- Two 8” long metal or nylon zippers,
- One 16” long metal or nylon zipper,
- Three 1” wide D-Rings,
- Two 1” wide rectangular strap slider,
- Four 1” wide swivel hooks,
- Eight 6-8mm rivets (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the Brooklyn pattern
See all the patterns by this designer here
More backpack and rucksack sewing patterns -->
Want to find more bags to wear as backpacks? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite backpack and rucksack sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.