Lilac Mini Messenger Bag FREE sewing pattern
September 21, 2020 | All bag patterns, Free bag sewing patterns, Messenger bags, Purses | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
This Mini Messenger Bag is a quick, easy sew with fun details such as piping and a twist-lock closure on the flap. The flap is the perfect size to show off a small piece of your favourite fabric.
You can use a variety of materials – vinyl, faux leather, quilt weight cotton, canvas – the options are endless!
And the awesome designer, Blue Calla Sewing Patterns, has given us all this pattern for free.
What you will need to make the Lilac Mini Messenger Bag:
- 3/4 of a yard of exterior fabric of your choice (includes the strap, flap and body)
- 1/2 a yard of lining fabric: quilt weight cotton
- 1 yard of woven fusible interfacing (SF 101)
- 1/2 a yard of fusible fleece
- 1+ yard of lightweight fusible interfacing
- One twist-lock or closure of your choice
- One 6″ zipper
- Two 1.25″ O-rings
- One 1″ rectangle slide
- fray check
- Optional = approx. 53″ of piping (1/2″ or thinner piping)
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
When you have finished making yourself a Lilac Mini Messenger Bag it will measure approximately 10″ wide at the bottom, 8″ high and 2″ deep.
The designer says that her project is suitable for all sewing skill levels.
CLICK HERE FOR THE LILAC MINI MESSENGER PATTERN
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.