All posts may contain affiliate links.
Make your own everyday, classic tote bags in two sizes with this fun to sew classic tote bag sewing pattern and tutorial.
• Two sizes – Wide or Tall.
• Fully lined with no raw edges or bias binding.
• Interior slip pocket.
• Flat bottomed bag.
Sizing info (Height by Width by Depth):
• Wide = 13″ (32 cm) by 14″ (35 cm) by 4″ (10 cm).
• Tall = 16″ (40 cm) by 12″ (30 cm) by 4″ (10 cm).
Confident beginner – Intermediate.
All of the designer’s tutorials are written in great detail to help beginner sewers. Basic sewing techniques and sewing machine knowledge would be helpful but she will help you along the way with clear instructions and photographs.
A sewing machine, 90/14 (jeans/denim) or 110/18 (leather) needle for your sewing machine, coordinating thread, iron, sharp fabric scissors, rotary cutter and cutting mat (optional but recommended), pins, a ruler, and chalk or a vanishing ink marker pen.
If you are using really heavy/thick fabrics such as cork or faux leather you may require a Teflon foot and/or a walking foot.
• 14-page, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions with clear photographs for every step to guide you along the way.
• Full-size, computer-drawn patterns/templates with seam allowances included.
• Includes both US letter size and A4 paper size.
• Dimensions in both Imperial and Metric.
• A detailed breakdown of the materials you need to create this project.
• Instructions are written in English.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here to get the pattern
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here
Find even more Tote Bag Sewing Patterns here
Do you want lots more tote bag sewing pattern ideas? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite tote bag sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
Sew more tote bags and you'll be happier - we promise 😉
When you just need to sew and don't want to get into a really complicated project, you can't beat a classic sewing pattern for a tote bag. We've got 50 of our favorite tote bag patterns hand-picked for you in the store. Go to the shop page to find them all saved by category.