All posts may contain affiliate links.
This really is a very pretty Tote Bag. It’s called the Quilt as You Go Tote Bag With Pom-Poms.
The awesome designer has produced an excellent tutorial which is completely FREE. You can link to her site and get the FREE tutorial if you click on the link below.
The quilt as you go technique adds a really special touch to this bag. The designer also decided to add pom-poms in between each quilted strip which we think works wonderfully.
She used tabs with rectangular rings to tie on a soft and wide strap. You could also use clip-on handles or attach straps directly.
The finished tote bag measures approximately 13” tall by 13” wide by 4” deep.
What you will need to make the Quilt As You Go Tote Bag With Pom Poms:-
- Scraps and strips of fabric for piecing and quilting the exterior (this project is a great scrap buster),
- 1/2 yard of fabric for the bag lining – pick a pretty quilting cotton,
- 1/4 yard fabric for the strap,
- About 6 yards of pom pom trim,
- Two rectangular rings or D-rings (round rings would be cute too),
- Quilt basting spray such as SprayNBond(optional, but helpful),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.