All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Seatbelt Market Tote sewing pattern will take you step-by-step to create a customized bag made of seat belt webbing. Great kits are available on the designers’ site. We love using innovative or totally different materials to sew bags. This seat belt webbing is perfect for bags – it’s glossy, really strong and hardwearing, doesn’t fray, and is available in a wide assortment of colors.
Seat belt webbing is shimmery and luxurious, yet extremely durable and easy to clean and sew, even on a home sewing machine.
The Seatbelt Market Tote has the following features:
- 2 exterior slip pockets
- A flap accent with a metal ring and tassel (optional but fun)
- In the interior, you’ll find a zipped pocket and zipped gusset closure
- The bag comes in 3 sizes, all in the same pattern
- The handles are made from webbing too – really strong and comfortable
- The handles are 23″ long with an 11″ drop.
The finished sizes are as follows:
- Small: 14″ by 9.5″ by 3-3/4″
- Medium: 15.5″ by 11″ by 3-3/4″
- Large: 17″ by 13″ by 3-3/4″
The designer also has a ton of webbing available in her store, and even ready-made kits of webbing designed especially for making this bag. Click on over to check out the pattern and don’t forget to buy your supplies while you are there.
Click here for the pattern