All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Marigold messenger bag is a medium-sized iPad messenger bag!
Marigold has tons of pockets, as follows:
- On the outside of the bag under the flap, there are 2 slip pockets perfect for phones and smaller items
- Also under the same flap, there are 2 pen slip pockets
- There are 2 large slip pockets inside the bag
- And a zippered pocket inside the bag
- And the most important pocket is inside the bag and is a padded pocket for an iPad or small tablet/reader.
The strap is adjustable so the bag can be worn across the body or over one shoulder. It is recommended that you make this bag in heavier fabrics such as home decor, canvas, denim, faux leather, however, it can be made with quilt weight cotton if desired. This is a more structured bag that uses a stiffer sew-in interfacing.
There is piping as an accent around the edge of the flap and the flap has a swivel clasp closure.
The final measurements of the bag are 12.5″ wide by 9.25″ high by just under 3 inches deep.
This project should be suitable for confident beginners. It is not a difficult sewing project but will take about 4-6 hours because of all the pockets to sew.
What you will need to make the Marigold iPad Messenger Bag