Minni Mini Backpack sewing pattern
This is the “Minni” Mini Backpack pdf sewing pattern from the designer Diedelbug Handmade.
The Minni is the perfect mini-sized backpack for both adults and kids alike. Whether you use it as your everyday bag or vacation hopper you’re sure to be prepared for whatever comes your way.
The exterior features two elasticized side pockets, just the right size for water bottles, a front zippered cargo pocket for those extras you need handy and adjustable straps, to make it comfortable for whoever is wearing it. The roomy interior also features a zippered pocket for those smaller items you just can’t lose.
And if you like to follow along with a video tutorial then here are five videos from My Creative Room, put into one playlist, that you can watch by clicking on the play button below.
The designer rates her project as suitable for an advanced beginner sewer.
When you have finished making your very own Minni Mini Backpack it will measure approximately 9½” wide by 10½” high by 4″ deep.
What’s needed to make a Minni Mini Backpack sewing pattern:-
- ⅝ yard of quilting weight or similar for the exterior (⅔ yard if not using contrast),
- ¾ yard of quilting weight for the lining,
- ⅓ yard contrast in vinyl or similar,
- 2 yards of Pellon Shapeflex (SF-101) fusible interfacing (2⅓ if not using vinyl for contrast),
- 1 yard of Pellon Flex foam (FF-77 sew-in foam),
- 1½ yards of 1″ wide webbing,
- One 16″ #5 handbag zipper (if using zipper tape you’ll need at least 17″ of tape) for the main zipper,
- One 8″ #5 handbag zipper (if using zipper tape you’ll need at least 9” of tape) for the front zippered cargo pocket,
- One 6″ all-purpose zipper for the lining zippered pocket,
- Four 1″ rectangle rings,
- Two 1″ strap slides,
- 10″ of ¼” wide elastic,
- Coordinating thread,
- Erasable marking pen,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.