All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is a really neat looking handbag/purse named by the owner as The Dandelion Double Zip Handbag. If you like it as much as we do then you can download the digital pattern if you click on the link at the end of this post.
The Dandelion Double Zip Handbag is a smaller sized bag with the following features:-
- Two main zippered compartments.
- One large open compartment in the middle that closes with a magnetic snap.
- Two shorter straps. The designer has also provided instructions for an optional cross body strap.
- In the main compartment, the designer has also included instructions for four slip pockets.
The designer mentions that this project is intended for sewists with intermediate sewing skills, however, a confident beginner with a lot of experience making zippered pouches could attempt this pattern. Once your first bag is made, this project could take as little as 4 hours to complete but the first one will take approx. 5-6 hours.
You can use vinyl for certain design elements of this bag or if you prefer, use fabric for the entire bag. When finished the bag measures approximately 10.5″ wide by 8″ high by 4.5″ deep.
What you will need to make the Dandelion Double Zip Handbag:-
- 1/2 yard Exterior Main fabric + Lining pockets,
- 1/2 yard main Lining fabric plus strap accents,
- 1/2 yard Exterior Accent fabric + Zippered pocket lining,
- Less than 1/4 yard vinyl for straps and bottom,
- 3 yards woven fusible interfacing,
- 1/2 yard fusible fleece interfacing,
- Peltex 10.25” wide by 4.25” high,
- Two 12” zippers (will be cut down),
- One 18mm magnetic snap,
- Four 1” rectangle or O-rings,
- Four purse feet (optional),
- Rivets (optional),
- 32” piping,
- And for the adjustable strap (optional) you will need two 1” swivel clasps and one 1” rectangle slide,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
This isn't quite what you are looking for? We have links to thousands of bag sewing patterns, tutorials, sewing videos and tips and lots more on our Pinterest account. Come and follow us, and save some of your favorites to your own boards for later.
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.