All posts may contain affiliate links.
Taylor Unisex Bag is a fun and easy sew. The pattern flows freely and is easy to understand with text and diagrams for all the steps, perfect for those who might be new to sewing bags.
If you wanted to make a simple messenger style crossbody bag that could be used by girls, boys, men, and women – then this is the messenger bag sewing pattern for you! It is a great bag that can be altered with piping, different fabric choices, and extra pockets. It includes one exterior zipped pocket, one exterior slip pocket with a magnetic snap, and an adjustable strap. The flap also has a magnetic snap.
And best of all, this great pattern is absolutely free to download and sew. Well, apart from the materials of course 😉
When you have finished making yourself a Taylor Unisex Messenger Bag it will measure approximately 10 1/2 inches high by 9 inches wide by 3 inches deep.
What you will need to make the Taylor Unisex Messenger Bag:-
- One 1 inch (2.5 cm) adjustable strap slide (see here for our recommended hardware suppliers),
- Two 1 – 1 1/4 inch (2.5 cm – 3.2 cm) O rings,
- Light to medium weight woven fusible interfacing e.g. Pellon sf101,
- Lining fabric – approx. 1 yard 100% quilting cotton,
- One 10-inch zipper (1 inch wide),
- Stabilizer – Peltex 71f – 1.5 in by 6 in (3.8 cm by 15.2 cm),
- Fusible fleece e.g Pellon 987f – approx. 1/2 – 1 yard,
- 2 Magnetic snaps,
- Exterior fabric – approx. 1 to 1 1/2 yards 100% quilting cotton,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here to get the pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns
for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns
here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
Even more crossbody bag sewing patterns you won't be able to resist
Want even more crossbody bag sewing patterns? These are the top best selling crossbody bag patterns in our store. Take a look at the category on our shop page for even more - 60+ more!