All posts may contain affiliate links.
A stunning, rockabilly-inspired bag with a classic and timeless shape. Convenient exterior slip pockets, a zippered lining pocket, and a removable crossbody strap make it as functional as it is stylish. Instructions are included for both woven and vinyl fabrics. Two sizes.
This quick video below shows you how the bag comes together, if you want to get some insight before investing in the pattern. We can tell you that Swoon bags are our favorites and you won’t be disappointed with the quality of the pattern and the instructions. With a bit of patience, you can get a great result.
Here is a super quick sped up video so you can see if this bag is for you. Keep on scrolling down for the full step by step video tutorial on how to make this bag – just to make sure you are going to get perfect results.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- Small Bag: 11″ wide, 7″ tall, 5.5″ deep
- Large Bag: 13″ long, 8.5″ tall, 6.5″ deep
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard woven or vinyl contrasting fabric
- 2/3 yard 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 2 1/2 yards premade piping
- 3/4 yard foam interfacing (Pellon Flexfoam FF77)
- 3 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 1/4 yard fusible heavy stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- 11” (or longer) handbag zipper (13” for Large Bag)
- 7” all-purpose zipper
- Four 3/4” rectangle rings
- Two 3/4” swivel clips (shoulder strap; optional)
- Two 3/4” D-rings (shoulder strap; optional)
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac)
- Coordinating thread
Check out how to sew the bag step by step in this video tutorial for the Blanch Barrel Bag then click the link below the video to get the pattern.
Click here for pattern
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.