Sew a Hand Sanitizer Holder (3 patterns with videos)
Here we have three Hand Sanitizer Holders sewing patterns to share with you, from three separate designers. All are very simple and quick to make and include video tutorials. Two are video tutorial and pattern only rather than full step-by-step written instructions, and one is a full pattern plus video. You can decide which you like best, or grab more than one!
(1) Hand Sanitizer Pod (With video)
Here’s a fabulous pouch for a small hand sanitizer bottle 30-60ml. You can attach it inside or outside your bag, snap it onto a belt loop, or wear as a lanyard.
It can be made with or without the flap and is great for gifts and a quick make for sew and sell. It’s an easy sewing pattern that is suitable for domestic sewing machines.
This item supplies printable pattern pieces with just video instructions. There is no step by step written instructions with this one as there is a comprehensive video.
This pouch has lots of other uses too. It can also be used for earphones, hygiene products, lipstick, medicines, tissues, USB sticks, or even as a doggy poop bag holder to hang from your belt. You can even add a longer strap and use it as a lanyard.
If you follow the video to the end the designer will let you know how to change the size to suit your needs so you can increase for any size of bottle and also turn it into a pouch for spectacles, money, phone – basically anything.
When you have finished making yourself one of these easy beginner-friendly pods it will measure approximately 4 ¾” (12 cm) by 3″ (7.5 cm).
What materials will you need:-
- Outer fabric and lining – Scraps of quilting cotton.
- Medium Weight Fusible interfacing – eg Vilene 220, WovenFuse, SF101.
- ¾” swivel clasp or trigger hook (Optional).
- ½” Magnetic clasp – but most sizes will work, or substitute for Velcro.
- All-Purpose thread to match outer or contrast.
The pattern will be delivered by instant download and includes full-size computer-generated pattern pieces and a link to the video tutorial. All measurements are given in inches and cm. Printer-friendly. Prints on US letter size or A4 paper. Size check feature to verify your printer settings.
Click here to get the Hand Sanitizer Pod pattern
(2) The Handy Bag – Hand Sanitiser Carry Pouch (with video)
The Handy Bag is both quick and easy to make and is a great project to use up some of your scrap fabrics.
Because of Covid19, our lives have changed beyond anything we could ever imagine. Mask wearing has become the norm, and handwashing or hand sanitizing is both expected and essential.
This little hand sanitizer pouch can be clipped to your belt or bag and gives easy access to your hand gel. It’s ideal for 50ml or 75ml bottles.
You’ll have no trouble sewing this on a regular home sewing machine and it will take you no more than 15 minutes to sew each one.
You will need to use one 1/2” or 3/4” small swivel clip.
This pouch is raw-edged and unlined. It’s designed to be made from non-fraying fabrics such as faux leather, cork leather, real leather, or Cordura.
The pattern has no written step by step instructions but includes a full detailed video tutorial on how to make the pouch. Link to a private instruction video on YouTube is included within the pattern. Full-sized pattern pieces to print on your home printer.
Click here to get the Handy Bag pattern
(3) AVA Sanitizer Pouch FREE (with video)
The FREE Ava Sanitizer Pouch is a portable, travel-sized, hand sanitizer holder that can easily be attached to any purse, backpack, baby bag, gym bag, keys, or even a belt loop. This pattern is a quick and easy scrap buster sewing project which will make a perfect gift for a loved one and a popular product at craft fairs.
Instructions are provided to make the Ava pouch in both fabric and vinyl versions and in two sizes. The large pouch will hold 2oz or 50ml size sanitizers and the small pouch will be perfect for 1oz or 25ml sanitizers.
- Quick and easy scrap buster project,
- Two sizes for different sized sanitizers,
- Vinyl and Fabric versions included,
- Suitable for clip-on or keychain rings,
- Video tutorials included,
- A2 copy shop/projector file included,
- SVG cut files for the Vinyl version included.
This project is perfect for a beginner sewer who needs basic sewing skills, is familiar with sewing patterns, and can sew straight seams.
When you have finished making your own Ava Sanitizer Pouch it will measure approximately:-
- Large = 3” (7.5 cm) wide by 5” (12.5 cm) high.
- Small = 2.5” (6 cm) wide by 4” (10 cm) high.
What you will need to make an Ava Sanitizer Pouch:-
- Hardware & Notions:-
- One 1” or ¾” swivel clasp or one split keychain ring connector,
- One snap button,
- Snap setting tool,
- Teflon foot/walking foot for sewing vinyl/leather,
- Erasable fabric marker,
- Coordinating thread,
- Wonder clips/Pins.
- Vinyl Version:-
- 4” (10 cm) by 12” (30 cm) piece of exterior fabric.
- 4” (10 cm) by 12” (30 cm) piece of lining fabric.
- Fabric Version:-
- One fat quarter of exterior fabric,
- One 5” (12.5 cm) by 6” (15 cm) piece of lining fabric,
- One fat quarter woven interfacing.
Please note that measurements are approximate and don’t account for directional or fussy cutting.
The pattern includes twelve pages of concise step-by-step instructions with color photographs to help you through each step. The pattern also includes five pages of printable pattern pieces. All pattern pieces include a seam allowance. There is an A2 Copyshop download and an SVG.zip file for cutting machines.
Click here to get the AVA Sanitizer Pouch pattern