All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here is a very simple yet functional toiletry bag, named the Hang About Toiletry Bag. The great thing about this toiletry bag is it is unisex, perfect for both men and women and the PDF downloadable pattern comes in two sizes, small and large. The bag has one main compartment and two smaller zipper pockets, as well as carrying handles on either end of the bag.
And the best thing about the Hang About Toiletry Bag is it was designed to be hung up for easy use. You can hang the toiletry bag anywhere including on hooks, around towel rails and over door handles.
The finished bag sizes are 8 1/2″ wide by 5″ high by 5″ deep, with an 8 1/2″ flap length, for the small bag. While the large bag is 10 1/4″ wide by 6″ high by 5″ deep, with a 9″ flap length.
What you need to make the Hang About Toiletry Bag:-
- Quilting cotton fabric for the outer,
- Use laminated cotton, PUL or oilcloth for the lining fabric (optional),
- Piece of clear plastic or mesh for the pocket on the inside of the flap,
- Medium-heavy weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Decor Bond),
- Annie’s Soft & Stable OR Fusible fleece,
- Two D-Rings, One Swivel hook,
- Cotton cording or the equivalent of premade piping,
- Fabric glue/wash away fabric tape (Fabritac or Wonder Tape),
- Basic sewing supplies and Sewing machine.
This pattern is courtesy of Andrie Designs.
Click here for the pattern
This isn't quite what you are looking for? We have links to thousands of bag sewing patterns, tutorials, sewing videos and tips and lots more on our Pinterest account. Come and follow us, and save some of your favorites to your own boards for later.
We think you'll like these patterns for storage and organizers to sew
We know our readers just love to sew storage and organizer projects so we've got lots of them. We've handpicked some of our favorites to feature in our pattern store. These are some of the most popular that are readers are sewing now!