All posts may contain affiliate links.
This Round Up Drawstring Bucket Bag is the perfect size to carry your small essentials either on your daily commute or for as a small travel bag for a weekend get-away.
It also makes a great project bag for knitters, and others who enjoy yarn crafts. And because the excellent designer has included a drawstring feature, you can store things right up to the top of the bag without fear that anything will fall out.
If you need to make a cute little lunch tote, then you can add a vinyl, wipe clean or waterproof lining to the Round Up Drawstring Bucket Bag and you can easily wipe crumbs away. We’ve seen shower curtain fabric used very effectively this way for lunch bags and cosmetics bags too.
The designer recommends that when you choose your fabrics for this pattern you go with quilter’s weight cotton or other lightweight cotton woven fabrics. If you use a medium weight woven fabric (denim, canvas, etc.) you may be able to eliminate the interfacing.
When you purchase this pattern it includes 15 pages of clear, thorough instructions and color photos to help you along the way. Pattern piece templates are provided, which makes this pattern great for confident beginners and even kids learning to sew.
When the Round Up Drawstring Bucket Bag is finished it will measure approximately 13” wide by 8” tall by 8” deep.
What you will need to make the Round Up Drawstring Bucket Bag
- ½ yard of light- to mid-weight cotton fabric (43” wide) as the main fabric for the bag outer and drawstrings
- One fat quarter or ¼ yard of lightweight cotton fabric as an accent fabric for the bag top
- ½ yard of cotton fabric (43” wide) for the lining fabric
- 1-1/3 yard of mid-weight Sew-In Interfacing, like Pellon 910
- 1/3 yard of lightweight fusible interfacing, like Pellon 906F
- 2/3 yard of 1” wide cotton webbing for the straps
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern