This unique barrel bag is almost like two patterns in one. Instructions are included to make it with the side pockets, or without. This pattern is a great opportunity to improve your skills in working with curves, zips, and binding. There’s a detachable crossbody strap that connects to the rectangle rings and two size options for handles. You’ll love this sewing project and at the end, you’ll have an incredibly unique bag that’s perfect for everyday use.
This pattern comes with a full-length video tutorial which you can watch below.
There’s also an additional short video available showing you how to add D-ring connectors to the end panels if you want to make just a crossbody strap and no handles.
Finished size: 6 1/2″ high by 12″ wide by 5″ deep.
Skill level: Advanced with pockets/Intermediate without pockets.
- 1/2 a yard of exterior fabric (54″ width),
- 1/2 a yard of lining fabric, cotton, or canvas (44″ width),
- 1/4 yard of medium woven interfacing – SF101/Wovenfuse/G700 (35″ width),
- 1/2 a yard of medium non-woven interfacing – F220/808 Craft Fuse (35″ width),
- 1/3 yard of Decovil light (36″ width),
- A 5″ by 10″ piece of ultra-firm stabilizer (Peltex 71F/S520/Decovil Heavy),
- 40″ No.5 zipper tape & four zipper pulls,
- Four 3/4″ or 1″ Rectangle rings,
- Two 1″ swivel clasps,
- One 1″ slider,
- One slim magnetic snap (5/8″/18mm),
- Eight medium rivets (8mm) *optional.
Please note that the pattern calls for Decovil light for stabilizer. However, many of the testers used other stabilizers instead. The pattern does NOT include instructions for rolled handles. However, the designer’s Vekza pattern does include this option if you’re looking for an opportunity to try rolled handles.
This is a PDF bag pattern in English available for instant download. Included are step-by-step photo instructions to guide you through the process.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.