Sometimes simple is best! This little clutch bag is no exception. It’s SO easy that you don’t even need a pattern! Laura shows you how to make this clutch in any size that you like. A bigger one for everyday use, and perhaps a smaller one in a more glamorous fabric as an evening bag.
This bag has some quilting to give it a lovely dimension and soft feel and to help it keep its shape. It has darts in the lower corners so the bag isn’t flat, it’s shaped so you can have some volume to it. The soft curves on the top flap mirror the curved shape at the bottom.
The video tutorial by the lovely Laura shows you everything beautifully step by step.
Materials needed for this clutch bag:-
- Quilting cotton or other suitable bag making fabric of your choice,
- Soft foam stabilizer such as Annies Soft and Stable, Flex Foam, or headliner fabric,
- Magnetic snap closure,
- Basting spray (optional),
- A bowl for drawing round corners on your pattern,
- Cutting supplies such as quilting rulers and rotary cutter,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.