[UPDATE: This pattern used to be available to download on Craftsy. However, due to the Craftsy pattern purge in December 2018, this pattern was removed by them and is no longer available on Craftsy. The pattern is no longer available as a stand-alone pattern, but can be obtained as a free bonus pattern along with the purchase of the Maija Tote Purse. Our apologies, these things are outside of our control.]
The Opal bag is inspired by the 1950’s. With the right fabrics, the Opal takes you back to that time, with a modern twist thrown in. A central horizontal panel allows you to show off your favourite print while matching it with the perfect colour of vinyl or cork fabric. You can make a matching Opal for every outfit and event.
She is such a quick and easy sew that ends in a stylish result.
The Opal comes in two sizes, one small and one large. The pattern is written for vinyl and quilting cotton, but can also be easily made in other fabrics suitable for bag making. Step by step instructions are included with digitally drawn diagrams and pattern pieces. The pattern has instructions for an interior zipped pocket, zipper closure, cute folded handles and optional strap. Keep scrolling down and find three tutorial videos to help you sew Opal and see if this pattern is for you.
RECOMMENDED WITH THIS PATTERN
- Exterior 1 fabric – (approx. ¼ – ½ yard) vinyl, cork, leather
- Exterior 2 fabric – (approx. 1/8 – 1/4 yard) quilting cotton
- Lining fabric – (approx. ¼ – ½ yard) quilting cotton
- Light to medium weight woven fusible interfacing – approx. 1 yard e.g. Pellon sf101
- Fusible fleece – (approx. 1/8 – 1/4 yard)
- 1x 12″ zipper (Small)
- 1x 14″ zipper (Large)
- 1x 7″ zipper (Small and Large)
- 4x 1″ rectangle rings (Small and Large)
- 2x 1″ O-rings or 1″ D-rings, 2x 1″ swivel snap hooks (Optional Strap)
Helpful tips and tutorials for sewing Opal