Reisende Bag – three sizes of bag – sewing pattern
This is an awesome bag pattern that is available in 3 different sizes, from purse-sized all the way through to a large bag perfect for your carry-on luggage. With buckle and purse hardware you can make this a snazzy bag, and add some optional piping for added visual interest. The Reisende Bag has a top-zip closure and two zippered pockets in the lining.
Wouldn’t it be great to make yourself all three as a matching set of luggage, or to make the set in your favorite fabric range, using different fabrics in each bag.
If you chose this pattern it will give you the opportunity to try out some buckled straps; there are several methods within the pattern for attaching the holes for the buckles. We definitely think the hardware on the front of the bag is the main feature of the bag.
The finished sizes of the Reisende Bag are as follows:-
- small 14″ long by 9″ tall by 4″ deep
- medium 17″ long by 11″ tall by 5″ deep
- large 19″ long by 12″ tall by 5” deep
What you need to make the Reisende Bag:-
- Quilting cotton for the exterior and lining fabric,
- Solid fabric (quilting cotton or leather) for piping, straps, and accents,
- Foam interfacing,
- Pellon SF101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing,
- Optional – Pellon Peltex #71F (for a firm bottom),
- Four metal buckles and four metal rectangles,
- Four purse feet – optional,
- Two regular zippers, one handbag zipper,
- For optional piping – Cotton cording,
- Wonder Tape fusible web tape (or washable glue stick),
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies.