Round Fabric Drawstring Basket in 3 sizes sewing pattern
Every home needs to sew these pretty fabric storage baskets with drawstring closures. And with this sewing pattern, three sizes come as standard.
The Round Fabric Basket pattern is a pattern that is versatile, multi-sized and practical. These round fabric baskets all feature a drawstring top and can be used for at-home storage or on the go travel protection. They also make pretty gift bags for your handmade crafts.
The designer has thought of many different uses for her Round Fabric Baskets. You can use them for home decor, craft and sewing supplies storage, a cosmetics bag, kids toy bags, they’d be handy in the nursery, in the bathroom or in the guest room, make them into gift bags and lots more.
The Round Fabric Baskets have the following features:
- A well thought out design and construction to make things easy i.e. no threading the cord through the casing after you’ve finished sewing.
- There’s a wide-open top for easy access. The top can be rolled down when in use to make it easy to reach inside.
- There is extra storage with interiors pockets on the medium and large size.
- They are easy to store when not in use as they fold flat.
- With an optional tab, you can easily turn it into a hanging basket, using a keyring tab.
- They are fully lined with no exposed seams.
- They are soft but durable: The inner batting keeps the shape nicely while keeping things protected, yet still flexible.
When you have finished making yourself a set of these Round Fabric Baskets they will measure approximately:
- Large – 7½” (19 cm) wide by 12″ (30 cm) tall.
- Medium – 6″ (15 cm) wide by 9 1/2″ (24 cm) tall.
- Small – 4 ½” (11 cm) wide by 7” (18 cm) tall.
What you will need to make the Round Fabric Baskets:
- ½ to 1 yard of fabric (home décor weight fabric and/or quilting cotton).
- A maximum of 25″ by 17″ of batting.
- 1-yard maximum 20″ (50cm) of cotton cord.
- Two sets of eyelets size 5/16″ =8mm (size depends on cord thickness).
- Optional decoration: a maximum of 24½″ (62 cm) of rickrack trim.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
The pattern can print on either A4 or Letter-sized paper. Dimensions are included in both inches and cms. Cutting dimensions are included as well as full-sized pattern pieces.
The pattern includes 19 printable pattern piece pages, additional cutting instructions and dimensions, and 12 tutorial pages with full instructions, clear step-by-step photos, plus tips to help you get the best results. If you would like to download the pattern you should click on the button below.
See all patterns from AppleGreen Cottage
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.