All posts may contain affiliate links.
We all need one of those great little backpacks/sling bags for day trips, biking, walking, vacations, and more, or we know someone who does.
For someone on the go, we have the perfect bag pattern which the designer names the Summit Pack Sling Bag Pattern.
The Summit Pack Sling Bag has the following features:
- Two zippered compartments for convenience.
- The front zipper has card slots and a pocket within.
- The central compartment has a padded gadget pocket and a zipper pocket.
- The back of the bag has an additional zippered pocket through which the bag is turned in the final step.
The designer says that her project is aimed at intermediate or higher sewers. The bag is designed in a unique piecing way, that means no binding and no saggy linings.
When you have finished making your Summit Pack Sling Bag it will measure approximately 16.25” tall by 11.25” wide by 3” deep (at the widest point).
What you will need to make a Summit Pack Sling Bag
- 3/4 yard of quilting cotton 45” wide for the exterior fabric
- 3/4 yard of quilting cotton 45” wide for the exterior contrasting fabric and the pocket fabric
- 1-yard of quilting cotton 45” wide for the lining fabric
- 4 yards of Pellon SF101, or substitute another woven lightweight fusible interfacing
- 1/2 yard of Pellon Flex-Foam, or substitute headliner foam, Soft and Stable, or other foam interfacing
- One 13” or longer purse zipper (with larger pull and wide zipper tape)
- One 16” or longer purse zipper
- Two 1” D-rings (or one if you will not need to switch strap sides occasionally)
- One 1” Swivel Clasp
- One 1” tri-glide slider
- Two nylon zippers, one 6” (for lining pocket), one 8” (for exterior pocket) standard coil to match (one for the exterior, one for lining)
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
If you fancy adding the Summit Pack Sling Bag to your bag pattern collection, you should click on the button below. The downloadable pattern includes printable pattern pieces (printable on any standard size paper), a detailed cutting list to help you keep organized, and 23 pages of step-by-step instructions with large color photos to help you through.
Click here for the pattern
More backpack and rucksack sewing patterns -->
Want to find more bags to wear as backpacks? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite backpack and rucksack sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
Even more crossbody bag sewing patterns you won't be able to resist
Want even more crossbody bag sewing patterns? These are the top best selling crossbody bag patterns in our store. Take a look at the category on our shop page for even more - 60+ more!