Mimosa Market Tote Bag sewing pattern
May 27, 2018 | All bag patterns, Purses, Tote bags | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
If you want to make a very large bag then The Mimosa Market tote is the bag for you. It is 13.5″ wide by 13″ high by 8″ deep and has the following features:
- It has 2 large exterior side zipper pockets
- A large oval base
- An optional tab closure with instructions for a twist lock but can easily be substituted with a different closure
- The vinyl accents could easily be replaced with fabric – the instructions will apply to both methods
- The interior of the bag comes with 2 large slip pockets and an optional removable false bottom to give the bag extra support at the base.
This project is fairly easy if you have previous good experience with zippered pockets. It should be suitable for a confident beginner and will take about 4-5 hours to complete once you have downloaded the pdf pattern.
What you will need to make the Mimosa Market Tote Bag
- 1-yard of quilting cotton fabric for the exterior
- 1/4 yard of vinyl for the exterior (or use cotton)
- 1.25-yard cotton fabric for the lining (1.5 yards if making a false bottom)
- 3 yards fusible woven interfacing
- 1-yard fusible fleece interfacing
- 1/2 yard Peltex interfacing (1 yard if making false bottom)
- Two 9″ zippers
- Four 1″ rectangle rings
- Four purse feet (optional)
- For closure, either one twist lock for tab closure OR one 18mm magnetic snap.