Marida Drawstring Backpack sewing pattern (with video)
This is the Marida Drawstring Backpack pdf sewing pattern from the designer I Think Sew Bags.
The Merida Drawstring Backpack is a perfect backpack for everyday use. It’s a simple design that has a stylish look, and has lots of practical storage that make it the perfect bag for school and much more! If you are fairly new to sewing, and fancy sewing a backpack but are not quite ready for one of the all-singing-all-dancing sling-style fashionable backpack sewing patterns, then this more simple drawstring backpack is a good starting point.
The simple yet classic design also makes it ideal for kids and teens, or for casual days out.
Video tutorial available to follow along step by step.
If you are one of those sewers who like to follow along with a video tutorial then Jessica Oklaroots has produced an excellent 45-minute YouTube tutorial that you can watch below:
When you have finished making your very own Marida Drawstring Backpack it will measure approximately 14” wide by 15½” high.
This designer says that this project can be made using various kinds of materials such as leather, suede, or any common cotton fabric.
What’s needed to make a Marida Drawstring Backpack:
- 44” wide medium weight home decorator or quilting weight cotton,
- One yard for the exterior fabric,
- One yard for the lining fabric,
- 44” wide leather, artificial leather,
- ¼ yard for the bottom,
- One yard of 44” wide lightweight fusible interfacing,
- One 9” All-purpose zipper for lining zipper pocket,
- One 7” Length, #5 zipper for the front pocket zipper pocket,
- One spool of coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
When you add this pdf pattern to your sewing collection you’ll receive the following:
- A list of what you need,
- Instructions describe each step detailed with pictures,
- Computer drawn accurate actual size patterns,
- Letter/A4 paper size patterns, both available,
- Zipper pocket install instructions.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.