Louise Barrel bag Sewing Pattern
February 23, 2018 | All bag patterns, Purses | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Louise Barrel Bag is a stylish and unique take on the timeless barrel bag. The extra long zipper opens wide for easy access and gives the bag its classic shape by snapping to the sides. One interior pocket holds any small items and the pattern includes an optional shoulder strap in addition to the handles. Instructions are included for using both vinyl and woven fabrics.
The Louise Barrel Bag is 12″ wide by 7″ tall by 8″ deep
and has a difficulty level of 3/4.
Tools and supplies needed to make the Louise Barrel Bag.
- Quilting cotton weight exterior fabric
- Quilting cotton weight lining fabric
- Woven or vinyl contrasting fabric
- Foam interfacing (Pellon Flex foam FF77)
- Fusible fleece (Pellon Thermolam TP971F)
- Fusible web (Pellon WonderUnder 805)
- Fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- Fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- Two all-purpose zippers – (Check out our favorite purse hardware suppliers here )
- Four rectangle rings
- Two snap fasteners
- Two D-rings or O-rings (Shoulder Strap) (optional)
- Two swivel clips (Shoulder Strap) (optional)
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac) (optional)
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing Machine
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.