Triangle Travel Tote Bag FREE sewing tutorial
This is the Triangle Travel Tote Bag FREE sewing tutorial from the designer The Sewing Directory.
This Travel Tote Project is to make a very spacious bag for holidays and weekends away or to carry lots of supplies to your sewing classes.
To give you the idea of the interior space the designer managed to fit 3-bed pillows inside of her bag so it will fit lots of clothes.
You do not need to patchwork the outside, if you want a quicker make then just use a single fabric cut to the same size as the lining fabric (36 inches long by 25 inches wide).
It’s 24.5 inches long by 11.5 inches wide by 11.5 inches tall. Nice and roomy.
This project is best suited to intermediate stitchers where knowledge of basic techniques such as binding and quilting is assumed.
What’s needed to make a Triangle Travel Tote Bag:-
- Six to eight fat quarters of assorted fabrics for the patchwork exterior (or 1.5 meters of a single fabric if not doing patchwork),
- 75 cm of other exterior fabric for side and top panels,
- 1.5 meters of lining fabric,
- Two coordinating fat quarters (or large scraps) for internal pockets and binding,
- Fabric for the lining and pockets,
- 1.5 meters of Soft and Stable or similar foam,
- 0.5 meters of interfacing if making internal or external pockets,
- A large zipper 24 inches long,
- Clear View 60-degree triangle ruler (6 inches),
- Kraftex 1.5 yard roll in stone (If not using Kraftex for exterior pockets you will need another 1/2 meter of fabric),
- 2 meters of bag strap webbing which matches your exterior fabrics,
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to check out the FREE step by step photo tutorial you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE tutorial
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.