Locked and Loaded Bag sewing pattern
Today we would like to introduce you to The Locked And Loaded bag sewing pattern from Sew Sweetness.
This lovely bag has a rounded bottom and large enough for all of your essentials!. The bag features an adjustable strap, inner zippered pocket, and the icing on the cake is the metal twist lock, which is easy to insert with a little dab of fabric glue. You’ll just love the functionality of it. No fiddly top zippers to sew on this bag, so if you aren’t yet a fan of zippers and aren’t confident, this bag with the twist lock flap is ideal for you.
This is a large bag that can be completed by a confident-beginner sewer. The optional lining zipper pocket is what possibly carries it over into the intermediate level of sewer.
The Locked And Loaded bag is now available in two sizes – large 15″ wide by 11″ high and small 12-3/4″ wide by 8-3/4″ high – depending on which size bag you want to make.
Supplies needed to make the Locked And Loaded Bag:-
- 1 yard of Exterior Fabric – we suggest quilting cotton
- 1 yard of Lining Fabric
- 2-1/2 yards of Pellon SF-101 ShapeFlex fusible woven interfacing (or other lightweight fusible interfacing)
- 3/4 yard of foam interfacing such as Flex Foam, Soft and Stable, automotive headliner fabric, or even fusible fleece
- 1-1/2″ metal rectangle and metal slider (see our favorite hardware suppliers here)
- 9” zipper (or use a longer zipper and trim it down after sewing it in)
- Metal twist lock or a magnetic snap if you prefer.