All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Ita Crossbody Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer Alex Lynn Crafts.
This is bag is described as the perfect everyday pin bag! This bag has a large clear pocket on the front of the bag which is ideal for either displaying items (such as in this example for pins/badges) or for easy access such as being able to view your phone without removing it from the purse.
The designer says it hits a perfect balance between function and style, allowing you to bring all your essentials with you while safely and securely showing off your pins and collectibles, or other items. Kids will love that clear vinyl pocket for their treasures too, and with two sizes, the smaller one is perfect for kids.
The semi-hidden zipper is both easy to install and to use. The curved top zipper allows the bag to open wide for easy access to your things inside.
The designer rates her sewing project as suitable for intermediate level sewers. It involves sewing through thick layers and installing zippers and bias tape. To take this on as an ambitious beginner sewer you will need to push yourself and learn new skills!
This pattern comes in two sizes that measure approximately:-
- Large = 12″ wide by 9″ tall.
- Small = 9.5″ wide by 7″ tall.
The designer says choose the version that suits your needs, or make both and be ready for any occasion!
What’s needed to make an Ita Crossbody Bag:-
- ¾ yard of exterior fabric (canvas, home decor, quilting cotton),
- 1-yard of lining fabric (quilting cotton recommended),
- 1-yard of fusible woven interfacing such as Pellon SF101 (optional),
- One approximately 15″ by 15″ piece of clear vinyl (12 gauge recommended),
- Approximately 2-yards 1″ wide nylon webbing,
- One 1″ wide strap slider,
- Two 1″ D-rings (or ring type of your choice),
- One 18″ or longer purse zipper,
- One 12″ or longer normal zipper,
- 3-yards extra wide, double fold bias tape that coordinates with lining,
- Coordinating thread,
- Chalk or disappearing ink marker,
- Sewing machine with non-stick/Teflon foot and zipper foot,
- Heavy duty sewing machine needles (if using heavy weight fabric).
Check out our RESOURCES PAGE full of great recommendations and links for fabric stores and suppliers, interfacing and stabilizers, hardware resources, and zippers.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.
This pattern is also available HERE as part of a bundle with other popular designs from this designer.
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.