Insulated Lunch Bag sewing pattern (2 sizes)
This is an Insulated Lunch Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer Miss Freckles Design.
This is your chance to sew your own insulated lunch bag! An insulated lunch bag is a good environmental alternative to paper/plastic disposable bags for taking lunch to school and the workplace.
This Lunch Bag is durable and maintains the temperature of food stored inside longer than paper/plastic bags.
These insulated lunch bags were designed in two sizes with a top folded handle. Without adding thermal insulation material, they are suitable to be project bags too.
When you have finished making your very own Insulated Lunch Bag they will measure approximately:-
– Smaller size = 15.5 cm high (not including the handle) by 15.5 cm wide by 12.5 cm deep.
– Larger size = 19.5 cm high (not including the handle) by 19.5 cm wide by 15.5 cm deep.
The designer says that the skills needed for this project are that you need to be able to operate a sewing machine and sew with thermal insulation material.
What is needed to make an Insulated Lunch Bag:-
- Exterior fabric – recommended linen, cotton canvas, canvas,
- Interior fabric – recommended quilting cotton,
- Thermal insulation material,
- Fusible interfacing – recommended light to medium weight fusible woven or non-woven interfacing,
- Cotton webbing,
- One set of buckle clips (2.5 cm),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The designer says that this digital download is a twenty-five pages PDF file that includes step-by-step instructions and photos as well as ten pages of pattern pieces (small and large). This pattern shows how the designer made an insulated lunch bag. The sewing method for the large and small sizes of insulated lunch bags are the same. Please read through this pattern before proceeding to make one. Feel free to adjust anything according to personal preference and needs.
This sewing pattern is written in English and the unit measurement cm is used. It can be printed on A4 size and letter size paper.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.