All posts may contain affiliate links.
Well Hello, Dollie! Swoon patterns have done it again with another fabulous bag sewing pattern and bonus – this one is free!
A compact crossbody with style, this small bag features an exterior slip pocket, fold over flap with magnetic snap closure and long adjustable strap. Full pattern pieces included, as well as instructions for using both woven and vinyl.
We’ve seen lots of great examples of this bag, and it’s cute in this small size, but remember if you do want to make it larger, simply adjust the scaling on your printer to a larger percentage, say 150% and get the pattern pieces 50% bigger. If you love to sew your bags with vinyl then as usual Swoon has you covered, but if fabric is your style then instructions are provided for that option too – making this pattern perfect for everyone we think.
When you have finished making a Dollie Mini Crossbody Bag it will measure approximately 6” wide by 6” tall by 2.75” deep.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
What you will need to make a Dollie Mini Crossbody Bag:–
- 15” x 15” quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 1/4 yard (or fat quarter) 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric,
- 1/3 yard 44” wide woven or 54” wide vinyl contrasting fabric,
- 1/4 yard fusible fleece (Pellon Thermolam TP971F),
- 1-yard fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- A scrap of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F) (only if using all woven),
- Two 3/4” D-rings (see our resources page for suggested hardware suppliers),
- Two 3/4” swivel clips,
- One 3/4” strap slide,
- One magnetic snap,
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac) or double-sided tape (optional),
- Coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here to get the pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.