Here’s a pdf pattern for a backpack, that is also a shoulder bag. The Calla Convertible backpack easily converts from a shoulder bag to a backpack with a slight change in strap configuration.
Calla has the following features:
- One large zippered pocket on the front
- Two interior slip pockets (a link to a tutorial to add an interior zippered pocket as well is included)
- The main zipper closure opens very wide to allow easy access
- An accordion style gusset at the bottom of the zipper keeps all of the contents of your bag where they belong – inside the bag.
- A nice slim design – not bulky like most backpacks and it is perfect for an iPad, and books with letter-sized paper.
- Finished dimensions of approximately 13 inches wide by 14 inches high by 2.5 inches deep
- A project that is suitable for an intermediate sewist. It can be made in 3 or 4 hours depending on your sewing experience.
A short video to show you how the Calla backpack converts from a shoulder bag to a backpack and how to select the appropriate hardware for the pattern is shown below:
What you will need to make the Calla Convertible Backpack
Click here for the pdf pattern