Heidi Fold Over Clutch Bag FREE sewing pattern and video
This cute fold-over clutch bag pattern is free! And it comes in two different sizes – one as a clutch bag and a smaller wristlet option with a strap.
This bag looks great with leather or vinyl accents pieces, or why not try it with Kraft-Tex if you don’t like to sew with vinyl. Learn more about Kraft-Tex here if it’s a product you’ve not heard of before.
You may have seen fold-over clutch bag patterns before but we really like this one for the extra added features such as the sizing options, the vinyl accents, the useful extra pockets, the smooth curved front, and the free downloadable pattern.
A versatile, foldover style, that is ideal for both casual and formal events. A magnetic snap holds the shape of the bag, folded perfectly in place, and a concealed back zippered pocket keeps your small items secure. Optional vinyl accents like a bottom overlay and zipper pulls add a polished look to an otherwise simple and classic bag.
When you have finished making your very own Heidi Fold Over Clutch Bag it will measure approximately:-
- Small Wristlet = 9″ wide by 6.5″ tall.
- Large Clutch = 11″ wide by 8″ tall.
Materials Needed for the Large Clutch:-
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric,
- Scrap (12” x 10”) of vinyl fabric (optional),
- 1/3 yard fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Thermolam TP971),
- 2 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- One 18mm magnetic snap,
- Two 11” all-purpose zippers,
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac),
- Coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Video tutorial for how to sew the Heidi clutch bag:-
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE pattern
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.