All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Hearts Aflutter Faux Leather Tote Bag which is a FREE sewing pattern for you to enjoy. And what a fabulous-looking Tote Bag this is. With its colorful hearts, it makes a perfect Valentine’s Day bag. Perfect for anyone with a romantic heart.
It’s both a pretty inexpensive and fun project to work on. The awesome designer, Sew Can Do, added a lining fabric and a cute decorative heart tag on the side.
With a roomy interior and inside pockets, it’s just the right size for carrying a few books, shopping, and usual purse stuff. It actually became the designer’s go-to bag and could also totally handle the snow blowing around outside too.
It’s also a quick sew, so making one can be done in record time.
What you will need to make a Hearts Aflutter Faux Leather Tote Bag:-
- ½ a yard of Faux leather/pleather,
- ½ a yard of Cotton,
- ¼ of a yard or one sheet each felt in red, hot pink, and soft pink,
- 1½ yards of 1-inch wide pleather strapping,
- Twill tape for the tag,
- Plastic heart snap,
- Notions: rotary cutter, clips, hand sewing needle, iron, chalk, spray adhesive, heavy-duty needle,
- Optional: Cutting machine (I used my Cricut Explore)+Heat & Bond paper-backed fusible, a scrap of twill tape & plastic heart snaps (for decorative tag),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to sew up this free tote bag pattern and bring a little love to your day, check out the tutorial and cutting directions from Sew Can Do.
Click here for the FREE tutorial
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Even more tote bag sewing patterns you won't be able to resist
Want even more tote bag sewing patterns? These are the top best selling tote bag patterns in our store. Take a look at the tote bag category on our shop page for even more!