All posts may contain affiliate links.
It doesn’t take a green thumb to make a handy, multi-pocketed garden bucket tote! It also doesn’t need advanced sewing skills because this insert fits inside a 5-gallon bucket (or can be adapted to fit a bucket of any size). Keep all of your gardening tools and supplies close at hand as you move from place to place.
- All-purpose thread in matching and contrasting colors
- Yellow cotton fabric (outer), 1/2 yd (45.72cm)
- Pink cotton fabric (liner), 1/2 yd (45.72cm)
- Green cotton fabric (pleated pockets), 1/4 yd (22.86cm)
- (2) 5″ (12.70cm) squares pink print fabric with pinked edges (patch pockets)*
- *Leftover squares from a charm pack are ideal for the patch pockets.
- (1) round 5-gallon bucket
- Double-fold bias tape in matching and contrasting colors, 2 pkgs. each
- Fabric marking pen
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
Click here for the free pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
Keep organized with these storage and project bag ideas to sew
Want even more project bags, storage and organizers to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here is a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.