Evelyn Handbag & Market Tote Bag sewing pattern (with video)
This is the Evelyn Handbag & Market Tote Bag pdf sewing pattern (with video) from the designer SWOON Patterns.
Evelyn is an easy to sew zipper-top tote and handbag with a soft, modern shape. You can coordinate fabrics for the decorative overlays or easily omit them for a simpler look. Handle lengths are designed to comfortably fit over your shoulder or in the crook of the elbow. Both bag sizes feature an interior zippered pocket.
When you have finished making the Evelyn Handbag & Market Tote Bag they will measure approximately:
- Handbag = 12″ wide by 10.5″ tall by 4.5″ deep.
- Market Tote = 15″ wide by 13.5″ tall by 5.75″ deep.
The designer has her own unique way of grading the difficulty of her sewing projects. She rates this one as a 2/4. She says you should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms and you may sell the bags you make with this pattern.
Video sewing tutorial step by step available:
If you are one of those sewers who loves to sew along to a video tutorial then this is a great pattern for you. Lauren Mormino has produced a 1-hour 37-minute video tutorial on her YouTube channel that you can watch below by clicking on the play button.
What’s needed to make a Evelyn Handbag & Market Tote Bag:
- 1 yard 44” wide of quilting weight exterior fabric (½ yard for the Handbag size),
- 1½ yards 44” wide of quilting weight lining fabric (1 yard for the Handbag size),
- ½ yard of foam interfacing (Soft & Stable, or 1½ yards Pellon Flex-Foam). You can use Pellon Thermolam and Shape-flex SF101 in place of foam interfacing,
- 3 yards of fusible woven interfacing (2 yards for the Handbag size) (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- ¼ yard of fusible stiff stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- One 16” (or longer) handbag zipper (14” for the Handbag size),
- One 9″ all purpose zipper (7″ for the Handbag size),
- Four 1½” rectangle rings (1” for the Handbag size),
- Coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.