Sakura Japanese Roll Up Pencil Case sewing pattern (2 sizes)
Learn how to make your own Japanese Roll-Up Pencil Case with this easy beginner level sewing pattern.
Not only is it a fun project to make beautiful gifts, but it’s also a great way to use up fabric scraps or to give a new life to a garment you loved by recycling things that might otherwise be thrown away. Objective Zero Waste.
Last, but not least, it’s fat quarter friendly!
With the same pattern you can create:
– a Small Japanese Roll Pencil Case, to store and bring with you pens, pencils, and small tools;
– a Medium Japanese Roll Pencil Case, to store brushes and markers.
Beginner – Easy.
- Size Small = Height is 18 cm (7.1”), Open width: 19 cm (7.4”), Rolled up width: 6 cm (2.3”).
- Size Medium = Height is 22 cm (8.6”), Open width: 19 cm (7.4”), Rolled up width: 6 cm (2.3”).
- Outer fabric: Cotton 50 cm x 30 cm (19.6” x 11.8”),
- Lining fabric: Cotton a piece of at least 60 cm x 30 cm (19.6” x 27.5”) Interfacing: a piece of 20 cm x 22 cm (7.7” x 8.6”),
- Cord or ribbon for the closure: 2 pieces 32 cm (12.5”) long each Matching thread.
You will download two 11 pages of PDFs:
– Sakura Roll Up Case Sewing Pattern in A4.
– Sakura Roll Up Case Sewing Pattern in US Letter.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.