All posts may contain affiliate links.
We love it when we come across sewing patterns for bags that look just like something you might have bought from a nice store. We all love to make things that are individual (maybe a bit zany), but sometimes, a classic purse fits well for work or when you want to create something just in a solid fabric.
The Double Zip Crossbody Bag is the perfect hands-free purse. Sure, you can go all out with the crazy prints, bright fabrics, mix and match your colors, but this classic crossbody bag would look equally good in any fabrics such as a fauz suede, a cork or vinyl, a canvas or home decor weight, or nice linen.
If you love a bag that gives you plenty of places to put things then you’ll love all the pockets on this one. We really love the built in card slots, and the inside zipper pocket. You could leave your wallet at home with this bag and travel light.
This bag can be made by a sewer who is a confident beginner.
When finished will measure approximately 11.5″ high by 12″ wide at the top (9″ wide at the bottom) and 3″ deep.
The Double Zip Crossbody Bag has the following features:
- One large front zippered pocket on the outside
- One large slip pocket on the outside at the back, just as large as the pocket on the front
- One side wall zippered pocket on the inside
- Four slip pockets on the inside
- Credit card slots on the inside capable of holding up to eight cards
- A main top zipper closure
- An adjustable purse strap that is a comfortable 1.25″ wide and 52″ in length.
When you purchase this pattern it will include:
- A full-size PDF pattern to download and print
- 20 pages of CLEARLY written instructions
- Full color photos included with every step of the bag making process
- Bag making tips and hints for easier sewing and more.
Click here to get the pattern
See all patterns from this designer
More crossbody bag sewing patterns ->
Want to find more crossbody bags? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite crossbody bag patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.