The Zelie Clutch Bag sewing pattern
June 13, 2021 | All bag patterns, Clutch bags, Cross Body Bags | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a sewing pattern for this very stylish modern bag The Zelie Clutch. It has masses of room for all of your essentials and is wonderfully comfortable to carry with or without the optional strap. The pattern allows you to include both a detachable shoulder strap and a wristlet strap option to allow for hands-free carrying. With two magnetic snaps holding down the flap closure all your valuables are kept securely inside.
The Zelie Clutch has a front zipper pocket for easy access to the essentials, an interior zipper pocket and two interior slip pockets.
You also have the option to make The Zelie Clutch in two different sizes:-
- The small size, 10″ wide by 7″ high, that is both the perfect clutch or oversized wristlet.
- The large size, 12″ wide by 8½” high, which gives you more room plus, with the optional shoulder strap, it can be carried like an everyday small crossbody bag.
And the best surprise of all is that this pattern is a quick and easy sew.
What you need to make The Zelie Clutch:-
- One fat quarter or ¼ yard (½ yard for Large)44” wide Quilting Cotton Weight or Décor Weight Main Fabric,
- ½ yard (⅔ yard for Large) 44” wide Quilting cotton Lining Fabric,
- ⅔” yard (¾ yard for Large) Fusible Pellon Shapeflex SF101 or a woven shaping interfacing,
- ½ yard (½ yard for Large) Fusible Décor Bond -Pellon 809 Firm Stablizer,
- One 12” by 18” piece (15” x 22” piece for Large) Fusible Fleece -TP 971F-Pellon Fleece Thermolam Plus –Stabilizer,
- One 8” (9” for Large) or larger #3 Zipper- for Front Exterior Pocket,
- One 7” (7” for Large) or larger #3 Zipper- for Interior Pocket,
- Two 9/16” (¾” for Large) Magnetic Snaps,
- For optional Detachable Wrist Strap: 1- ½” D-ring and 1- 1” Swivel Hook,
- For optional Detachable Shoulder Strap: 2- ½” D-rings and 2- ½” Swivel Hooks and 1- ½” Slider,
- Coordinating thread,
- Removable Fabric Marker (I recommend a Frixion pen as it can be removed by pressing with an iron),
- Microtex (Sharp) Needle 80/12 –Recommended for topstitching through the thicker parts,
- Fabric glue or a temporary bond fabric glue stick such as Fabritac (optional).