All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Divided Pouch pdf sewing pattern from the designer Maker Margie Brown.
This pouch sewing pattern comes in two different sizes and is divided into three sections and has an interior slip pocket and a heavy-duty snap closure. It is perfect for organizing sewing notions, cosmetics, electronics, etc.
The small size could even be used as a wallet if you carry a larger size bag. The pocket in the small size is the perfect size for cards.
Small – 7” wide by 6” tall.
Large – 9” wide by 8” tall.
Confident beginner. The designer rates her pattern as a pretty easy sewing project that you can make fairly quickly.
- Size Small:
- Exterior fabric – 1/2 yard of fabric that is at least 18″ wide or one fat quarter.
- Lining fabric – 1/2 yard of fabric that is at least 21″ wide or one fat quarter.
- Fusible Interfacing (Pellon SF-101 or similar) – 1/2 yard.
- Size Large:
- Exterior fabric – 5/8 yard of fabric that is at least 20″ wide.
- Lining fabric – 5/8 yard of fabric that is at least 27″ wide.
- Fusible Interfacing (Pellon SF-101 or similar) – 5/8 yard.
- Both sizes:
- One heavy-duty metal snap.
- Other Notions + Tools:
- Fabric marker or pencil, ruler, thread, size 16 denim needle for sewing through thicker layers, pins, snap installation tool.
For this project, the designer recommends that you use any of the following fabrics – Quilting cotton or light to medium weight canvas, linen, or denim for the exterior, and Quilting weight cotton for the lining. Please note that if you are cutting on the crosswise grain then less fabric may be required
Full-size, computer-drawn pattern pieces are included! There is no need to measure and cut. It includes both US letter size and A4 paper size printing options.
This is a pdf sewing pattern that is available for instant download after purchase. You will receive twelve pages of easy-to-follow instructions with illustrations for every step along with a separate file with all of the pattern pieces.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.